This strength and balance exercise is ideal for strengthening the central muscles including the transverse and obliques. It is also called lunges on bosu. It mainly strengthens the glutes and quadriceps and also the stabilizing muscles of the lower limbs
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Place feet at shoulder width.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Keep your back straight.
- Bring your shoulders back slightly.
- Enter the belly and contract the abs.
- Keep your head straight.
- Place one foot forward, toes pointed forward.
- Keep your knees aligned.
- Bend your knees until the back leg is parallel to the floor.
- Raise the heel of the back leg.
- Push with the front leg to return to the starting position.
- Maximize the support on the heel of the front leg.
Always look forward. Never bend your lower back. Always keep the abs contracted. Never let the knee of the front leg extend past the front of the toes. Always keep the middle of the patella aligned with the 2nd toe. Never lock your knees. Always keep the weight on the heel of the front leg