This exercise improves the mobility of the shoulders. The elastic band allows for gradual tension throughout the exercise. It is an ideal exercise if you want to improve your posture. It dynamically stretches the shoulder rotators and pecs.
- Lower Trapezius
- Pec. Clavicular Head
- Shoulder External Rotators
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms extended and parallel to the floor.
- The elastic in the hands and in front of you at chest height.
- Keeping your arms fully extended, pull the elastic to the sides.
- Make a retraction of the shoulder blades.
- Lift the elastic above your head by rotating your wrists, palms up.
- Try to send the elastic last you while respecting the requirements of the movement.
Do not put your hands too close on the elastic as this will reduce your range of motion. Try not to tip your pelvis forward. Perform the movement slowly and with control. Engage your abdominal muscles