This is a cardiovascular exercise that primarily works the quadriceps. It also may help you to lose weight and trim belly fat. The exercise will also strengthen the lower back, thus offering improved lumbar support. You do not need any gym equipment and you are welcome to perform the exercise at home or in the training room. For a modified version, place your hands on a wall during the movement, which will help to increase your caloric output.
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Triceps Surae
- Anterior Deltoid Latissimus Dorsi
- Hip Flexors
- In a neutral position, place your feet slightly within shoulder width.
- Flex your hip and knee.
- Perform a slight dorsiflexion of your ankle.
- Flex your shoulder and opposite elbow.
- Rapidly alternate the movement.
Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your knees aligned with your feet. Look forwards. Keep your trunk straight.