A strength training exercise that focuses on working the abdominals, obliques and shoulders. This is a bodyweight exercise that allows you to develop appropriate strength, and can even help you achieve a six pack while decreasing hip size. You can do this exercise in a gym or at home, as it does not require any equipment.
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Transversus Abdominis
- Place your hands on the ground, shoulder-width apart.
- Place your feet on the ground slightly inside shoulder width.
- Keep your trunk straight.
- Bend your elbows to lower your chest onto the ground.
- During the concentric phase, extend your elbows.
- Rotate your hips.
- Horizontally flex your shoulder.
- Look at your hand during the rotation to facilitate the torsion movement Align your hand on the ground with your hand pointing upwards.
- Come back to the initial position by horizontally flexing your shoulder and rotating your trunk.
Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your abs contracted.