This exercise builds the deltoids and the shoulder stabilizer muscles. It’s a good exercise to master before doing inverted/reverse push-ups because it builds confidence in the appeal of having your head on the ground and your body inverted.
- Erector Spinae
- Triceps Brachii
- Transversus Abdominis
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Rest your feet on the box.
- Raise your hips above your shoulders and your shoulders above your hands.
- Extend your elbows.
- Keep your head in a neutral position.
- Bend your elbows to bring your head close to the ground.
Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Avoid lumbar extension towards the end of the movement. Keep your abs contracted.