This is a strength training exercise that focuses on the legs, as well as the stabilizers in the hips and knees. No gym equipment is required, and so can be done anywhere. This bodyweight exercise will help you gain appropriate muscle mass, and will strengthen the buttocks, as well as each thigh in equal measure.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Hip Adductors
- Transversus Abdominis
- Stabilize your body weight on one leg and straighten the other leg forwards.
- Position your arms forwards.
- Crouch down, hip lower than knee.
- Finish the movement by fully extending your hip and knee.
- Repeat the movement with your other leg.
Keep your abs contracted. Look forwards. Keep your knee aligned with your toes. Keep your body weight on your heel when descending. Your other leg never touches the ground. Keep your chest out and your back straight all throughout the movement.