Dips with rings is an exercise aimed at gaining muscle tone in the pectorals, triceps and anterior deltoids. The rings also provide a destabilizing aspect which allows to further develop the stabilizing muscles of the shoulders and trunk. It is often used in cross-fit style exercises. It is an exercise from gymnastics.
- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Transversus Abdominis
- Pec. Sternal Portion
- Position the rings shoulder-width apart.
- Begin the movement with fully extended arms.
- Lower your chest and pull your elbows backwards.
- Your chest must be lower than your elbows.
- Finish the movement by fully extending your elbows.
Bend your knees slightly. Keep your abs contracted. Look forwards. Keep your hands close to your body all throughout the movement.