A cardio and weight training exercise that works the legs, pecs and shoulders. You will need a weighted ball for this exercise and can be done as part of an at home workout, or at the gym. Is is a High Intensity Interval Training exercise and you may see is as part of a CrossFit workout. It improves your endurance whilst increasing your power. Remember to keep abs engaged throughout the movement to properly protect your spine.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Triceps Surae
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the ball to your chest.
- Keep your trunk straight.
- Crouch down, hips lower than knees.
- When thrusting, rapidly extend your hips and knees to throw the ball onto the target.
- Catch the ball and crouch back down to begin the next repetition.
Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your knees aligned with your toes. Keep your abs contracted.