This is a strength training and cardiovascular exercise that targets the legs, chest and shoulders. No equipment is needed and can be done anywhere, at home or in a fitness facility. A bodyweight exercise that allows you to gain a relative amount of strength, it is a HIIT exercise that is often found in CrossFit WODs. Furthermore, it can also help to gain power and increase stamina.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Transversus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
- Place your hands on the ground, shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your trunk straight.
- Jump to a push-up position.
- Lower your chest to the ground.
- Bring your legs towards your hands while jumping.
- Jump upwards while fully extending your hips and knees.
- Place your hands upwards during the jump (some clap hands).
Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your knees aligned with your toes. Keep your abs contracted. Look forwards when jumping.