A bodybuilding exercise that works the abdominals, obligues, legs, chest, shoulders and triceps. You can do this exercise in your living room or at a gym, and you only need a kettlebell. A popular exercise in CrossFit and HIIT workouts, it results in an increase in power and strength. Be sure to engage the core during the exercise so that your lower back is properly supported.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Medial Deltoid
- Rectus Abdominis
- Begin the movement in a lying-down position with your arm fully extended and the weight above your chest.
- Use the leg on the side of your active arm to switch to a sitting position.
- Bring the opposite leg back to adopt a kneeling lunge position.
- Fully extend your hips and knees to stand up.
- Keep the weight above your head all throughout the movement.
- Repeat the movement on the opposite side.
Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your knees aligned with your toes. Keep your abs contracted.