Target your gluteal muscles, deltoids and leg muscles in this weight training exercise. You will need a kettlebell to perform this exercise, and it can be done at home or in a weight training room. This exercise helps to gain muscle power and strength, and is often found in CrossFit WODs and HIIT workouts. It is a compound exercise, which causes a faster increase in strength.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Anterior Deltoid
- Erector Spinae
- Place your feet slightly outside shoulder width.
- Slightly flex your knees.
- Rapidly extend your hips and knees to propel the kettle bell upwards and forwards.
- Guide the kettle bell with your shoulders.
- Partially squat when the kettle bell comes down and repeat the movement.
Always look forwards. Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your body weight on your heels when descending. Keep your knees aligned with your toes.