This bodybuilding exercise works the lower back, shoulders, glutes, and leg muscles by using an Olympic bar. If you have an Olympic bar, do the exercise at home, otherwise head to your gym. You will see an increase in power and strength, but make sure you keep abs engaged throughout the exercise, so that your spine is better supported.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Triceps Surae
- Anterior Deltoid
- Upper Trapezius
- Place your feet hip-width apart.
- Place your hands far apart on the bar so that your arms are extended.
- Prioritize a hook grip.
- Place your shoulders slightly in front of the bar.
- Begin the movement at the contact point located at the pubis area.
- Bend your hips to let the bar slide below your knees and quickly come back to the starting position to increase the speed of the thrust.
- When thrusting, rapidly extend your hips then pull the bar upwards with your shoulders.
- Hold the bar above your head while rapidly flexing your hips.
- Fully extend your hips and knees while keeping the bar above your head.
Always look forwards. Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your body weight on your heels when descending. Keep your knees aligned with your toes.