A strengthening exercise that works the shoulders, glutes and leg muscles. An Olympic bar is required for this exercise, and it is used in CrossFit WODs, as well as HIIT workouts, both at home and in a gym. Make sure you keep your abs contracted throughout the movement, as this offers important lumbar support. Doing this exercise regularly will help you to increase your muscle power and strength
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place the bar on your collarbones.
- Close your hands on the bar.
- Hands are outside shoulder width.
- Elbows are pointed upwards.
- Thrust the bar upwards, rapidly extending your hips and knees.
- Fully extend your hips and knees.
- Position the bar above your head.
Always look forwards. Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Keep your body weight on your heels when descending. Keep your knees aligned with your toes.