A resistance band is all you need for this strengthening exercise that targets your calf muscles, and helps to strengthen, stretch and define them. You will continue to work the entire time during this exercise, thanks to the resistance of the band. Incorporate this exercise into your at home workout, or add it into your gym routine.
- Triceps Surae
- Place elastic band under tiptoe.
- Grab both ends of the rubber bands with both hands.
- Place hands in front of shoulders, hands close palm facing to body.
- Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Keep the back straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep head straight.
- Elevate the heels as far as possible.
- Return heels to starting position.
Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the knees. Keep weight on the base of the big toes.