Stretching exercise involving the external rotators of the shoulder such as the small circle and the infraspinatus. It is important to breathe in well and breathe out during the movement. The exercise does not require any equipment apart from a stick and it can be done at home or in the training room. The rotator cuff is an area at risk of injury. It is therefore important to properly stretch the muscles making up this cap after the targeted workouts. The stick allows a deeper stretch. It is often prescribed to people working on a computer.The English name is shoulder external rotators with stick.
- Shoulder External Rotators
- Extend the arm horizontally with the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle wile holding a stick.
- Make sure the stick passes under the arm.
- Hold the other end of the stick with the other hand, making sure the stick passes over the arm.
- Keep the back straight.
- Keep the head aligned with the body.
- Pull towards the front with the other hand.
Remember the stretch the other side.