The lower back muscles, as well as the glutes and the hamstrings, will be targeted with this bodybuilding exercise. Use a stability ball either at home or at the gym to perform this exercise. Develop your balance by strengthening the stabilizer muscles with this exercise, and help to better protect your spine following an injury.
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus maximus
- Lay back down on the floor.
- Place the arms alongside the body against the floor.
- Place the heel of one foot on the middle of the ball.
- Keep the abdominals and lumber region tightened.
- Lift the pelvis to the shoulders so that the heels and hips are in the same axis.
- Return to the starting position without returning completely to the floor.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the knees.