A strengthening exercise that focuses on working the lower back, buttocks and hamstrings. The only gym equipment you will need is a Swiss ball, and you can do this exercise at home or in a weight training room. Doing this exercise regularly helps to improve balance via strengthening stabilizing muscles, and it is often used as a rehab exercise, to increase lumbar support, following injury.
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus maximus
- Lay back down on the floor.
- Place the arms alongside the body against the floor.
- Place the heels of the feet on the ball.
- Tighten the abdominals and lumbar region.
- Lift the pelvis to the shoulders so that the heels and hips are in the same axis.
- Return to the starting position without returning completely to the floor.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the knees.