this weight training exercise works the pectorals and the deltoids, in particular the anterior portion. It requires a Swiss ball and free weights. It helps develop balance and stabilizing muscles. It can also help gain mass or strength. It can be done at home or indoors.
- Pectoralis Major
- Anterior Deltoid
- Lay back down on the floor with the head against the floor.
- Place the feet at shoulder width with the knees bent at a 90 degree angle and press with the heels.
- Keep the buttocks and lumbar region tightened.
- Place the arms horizontally with the elbows lightly bent.
- Push the weight over the chest while keeping the elbows lightly bent.
- Return to the horizontal position.
Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lower past the natural movement of the exercise Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.