This weight training exercise targets the pectorals, triceps and delts. You will need a Swiss ball and free weights, so you can do it at the gym or at home, if you have the necessary equipment. The exercise helps to develop balance, strengthen stabilizer muscles, and increase strength. To increase the instability in the movement, and therefore its efficacity, perform reps on alternate sides.
- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Lie on the ball, keep your head in the air in line with the upper body.
- Place the feet at shoulder width with the knees bent at a 90 degree angle and press with the heels.
- Keep the buttocks and lumbar region tightened.
- Place the arms at a 90 degree angle.
- Push the weight over the chest.
- Return to the 90 degree position.
Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lower past the natural movement of the exercise Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.