This is a strengthening exercise that targets the core as a whole, but with a focus on the rectus abdominis and the obliques. It can be done at home or in the weight room at a gym, as there is no equipment required. Including this exercise in your workout with help you to develop a six pack, as well as a flat stomach.
- Lay back down on the floor with the feet against the floor.
- Bend the hips and knees at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep the head straight.
- Place the hands on either side of the head.
- Flex the torso and bend the pelvis simultaneously.
- Bring the elbow towards the opposing knee.
- Return to the starting position without touching the head or shoulders to the floor.
Keep the head aligned with the body.