A strengthening exercise that works the abdominals, especially the obliques and the rectus abdominis. You can do this exercise at home or the gym because no equipment is required. The benefits to this exercise being done consistently and regularly may be a six pack, a flatter stomach, and decreased belly fat.
- Lay back down on the floor with the feet against the floor.
- Place the arms alongside the body.
- Keep the head straight.
- Place the feet near the glutes.
- Flex the torso so that the hand approaches the knee of the opposing leg.
- Return to the starting position without touching the head or shoulders to the ground.
Keep the head aligned with the body.