This is an exercise that strengthens the core and the hip flexors. You only need a bench to perform this movement, so you can do it as part of an at home workout, or at a fitness center. Improved pelvic mobility following an injury is a great benefit of this exercise. It also helps to strengthen the stabilizer muscles in your hips.
- Gluteus maximus
- Transversus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
- Lay back down on the floor with the legs bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Place one leg on a bench.
- Place the arms alongside the shoulders at a 90 degree angle with the palms against the floor.
- Press the lower back against the floor.
- Keep the abdominals contracted.
- Extend the free leg without touching the floor.
- Keep the lower back against the floor.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never arch the back.