A reinforcement exercise that targets the abs and the hip flexors. This exercise can be done at home or in the gym as it does not require any equipment. A great exercise to perform as rehabilitation to increase pelvic mobility, it strengthens the hip stabilizing muscles.
- Transversus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
- Lay back down on the floor with one leg extended vertically.
- Keep the other leg on extended on the ground.
- Place the arms alongside th shoulders at a 90 degree angle with the palms facing down.
- Press the lower back against the floor.
- Keep the abdominals contracted.
- Lower the extended leg and contract the abdominals.
- Bring the heel close to the floor without touching it.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never arch the back.