A strength training exercise that only needs a pull up bar and so can be done at home if you have one. It focuses on working the dorsal muscles in the back, as well as the posterior deltoids and the biceps. The exercise helps to gain muscle mass and definition in the dorsal muscles, rhomboids, and teres major. It is often used in CrossFit training and is an exercise that uses bodyweight, which requires your body to work harder and see better results.
- Serratus Anterior
- Transversus Abdominis
- Biceps Brachii
- Teres Major
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Hold the bar with the hands at shoulder width with the palms facing the body.
- Cross the legs in back with the knees bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep the body and the head straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Lift the body up until the chest touches the bar.
- Keep the elbows alongside the body.
- Keep the body straight without bending the hips.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the wrists straight.