Your back muscles, shoulders and biceps are all targeted in this bodybuilding exercise, that only requires a bench and some dumbbells. This can be part of an at home workout, or you can use the gym. By doing this exercise regularly, you will see muscle gains and strengthening on the large dorsal muscles, as well as the rhomboid muscles and the teres major.
- Serratus Anterior
- Transversus Abdominis
- Biceps Brachii
- Teres Major
- Stand with the torso inclined at a 90 degree angle.
- Place the legs closer together than shoulder width.
- Bend the knees half way.
- Hold the weights with the thumbs pointing forward.
- Keep the arms extended vertically and place the weights next to the knees.
- Avoid arching the back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head aligned with the torso.
- Lift the weight alongside the body.
- Keep the arms close to the body with the elbows pointing up.
- Keep the body and legs rigid.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the wrists straight. Never lock the knees.