- Shoulder External Rotators
- Stand with the feet at shoulder width.
- Hold the bar with the thumbs facing in with a grip greater than shoulder width.
- Hold the bar in front of the thighs with the arms extended.
- Keep the back straight and the knees lightly bent.
- Pull the shoulders lightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Pull the bar up along the body to the hips so that the arms form a 90 degree angle.
- Lift the bar forward in a circular movement to bring it over the head.
- Keep the arms horizontal with the elbows bent at a 90 degree angle.
Keep the head aligned with the torso. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lower past the natural movement of the shoulders. Keep the wrists straight. Never lock the knees.