The delts are the targeted muscles in the this bodybuilding exercise, especially the anterior section, although your chest will also be worked. As you only require dumbbells for this exercise, you can do it as part of an at home workout, or at a fitness center. The side of your shoulders will show increased definition, and you will build muscle with this exercise. In addition, this exercise may help to reduce fat in your arms. If you wish, you can perform this exercise with alternating arms, instead of together.
- Hold the weights with the thumb pointing forward.
- Place the feet at shoulder width with the knees lightly bent.
- Keep the arms extended along the body.
- Keep the head and back straight.
- Pull the shoulders lightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Lift the weights to shoulder level while keeping the arms extended.
- Keep the elbows lightly bent.
Keep the head aligned with the torso. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never externally rotate the shoulders. Never let the hands pass shoulder height. Keep th wrists straight. Never lock the knees.