- Stand with the feet at shoulder width.
- Hold the bar with the thumbs pointing in with a shoulder width grip.
- Hold the bar in front of the thighs with the arms extended.
- Keep the back straight and the knees lightly bent.
- Pull the shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Lift the bar to shoulder level with the arms extended.
- Keep the elbows lightly bent.
Keep the head aligned with the torso. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never externally rotate the shoulders. Never let the hands pass shoulder height. Keep th wrists straight. Never lock the knees.