- Stand with the feet at shoulder width, with the knees lightly bent.
- Hold the weights with the thumb pointing up.
- Place the hands in front of the hips.
- Keep the arms close to the body with the elbows bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep the head straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lift the arms alongside the body while keeping the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Lift the weights to shoulder level with the thumbs pointing in.
- Move the weights in a semi-circular movement.
Keep the head aligned with the torso. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never externally rotate the shoulders. Never let the hands pass shoulder height. Keep th wrists straight. Never lock the knees.