- Sit on a flat bench with the legs at shoulder width.
- Hold a weight with the thumb pointing up and place it over the legs.
- Keep the arm against the top of the torso.
- With the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep the head straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lift the arm while keeping the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Lift the weight to shoulder level with the thumbs pointing in.
- Make a semi-circular movement with the arm.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Never rotate outside of the shoulder. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never let the hands pass shoulder height. Keep the wrists straight.