- Sit on a flat bench or a bench with a straight back.
- Hold the weights with the thumbs pointing forward.
- Extend the arms from each side of the body.
- Keep the back and head straight.
- Pull the shoulders lightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Lift the weights along the side with the arms extended above the shoulders.
- Keep the elbows slightly bent.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never rotate outside of the shoulder. Never let the hands pass shoulder height. Keep the wrists straight.