Your delts, triceps and trapezius muscles are the focus for this strength training exercise. You will need a bar, but it can be done at home or in a weight training roo. The exercise does help to build muscle mass, whilst firming up the shoulders, and trimming fat in the arms. You can also do this movement with the low pulley on a cable machine.
- Stand with the shoulders at shoulder width.
- Hold the bar with the thumbs pointing in, with a shoulder width grip.
- Hold the bar in front of the legs with the arms extended.
- Keep the back straight and the knees lightly bent.
- Pull the shoulders lightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Lift the bar to shoulder level with the elbows pointing out.
- Move the bar along the body.
- Keep the elbows slightly above the wrists.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the shoulder back. Never lock the knees.