A bodybuilding exercise that targets the delts, the triceps and the traps. For this exercise, you will need free weights but, if you have these you can do this at home, or at a fitness center. You will see an increase in muscle definition in your shoulders, as well as fat loss in the arms. This exercises produces similar results to the shoulder abduction exercise.
- Medial Deltoid
- Triceps Brachii
- Wrist Flexors
- Anterior Deltoid
- Posterior Deltoid
- Stand with the feet at shoulder width.
- Hold the wights with the thumbs pointing in.
- Hold the weights above the shoulders with the elbows bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep the back straight and the knees lightly bent.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Keep the head straight.
- Push the weights up and extend the arms completely.
- Lower the weights to the starting position at shoulder level.
- Bring the weights in front of the chest at shoulder level.
- Rotate the forearm simultaneously to bring the thumbs pointing out.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the elbows. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight. Never lock the knees.