- Medial Deltoid
- Triceps Brachii
- Wrist Flexors
- Stand with the feet at shoulder width.
- Hold the bar with the thumbs pointing in.
- Bring the bar behind the head and press it against the shoulders with the palms facing forward.
- Point the elbows out.
- Avoid pressing the bar against the vertebrae.
- Keep the back straight and the knees lightly bent.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Push the bar up.
- Extend the arms completely.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the elbows. Never let the elbows move below shoulder level. Keep the wrists straight. Never lock the knees.