The forearms and the extensor carpi muscles are targeted in this strength training exercise. You will need a fitness bar for this exercise, and it can be done in a gym, or in your home. Your forearms will be strengthened during this exercise, and you can use it as rehab to recover from a wrist injury.
- Wrist Extensors
- Hold the bar with the palm of the hand facing down with grip wider than the shoulders.
- Keep the arms alongside the body and lightly press the bar against the legs.
- Place the feet at shoulder width with the knees lightly bent.
- Keep the back and head straight.
- Pull the shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Bend the wrists and then lift the bar back up.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the knees.