- Hold the bar with the palm of the hand facing down with grip wider than the shoulders.
- Keep the arms alongside the body and lightly press the bar against the legs.
- Place the feet at shoulder width with the knees lightly bent.
- Keep the back and head straight.
- Pull the shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Bend the wrists and then lift the bar back up.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the knees.