The forearms and the extensor carpi muscles are targeted in this strength training exercise. You will need a fitness bar for this exercise, and it can be done in a gym, or in your home. Your forearms will be strengthened during this exercise, and you can use it as rehab to recover from a wrist injury.
- Wrist Extensors
- Kneel next to a flat bench.
- Hold the bar with the palm of the hand facing down.
- Place the elbows and forearms on the bench and extend the wrists over the edge of the bench.
- Bring the hands close together and bend the wrists down as far as possible.
- Keep the back straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head aligned with the torso.
- Bend the wrists and then lift the bar back up.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight.