A muscle building exercise that targets the biceps, using free weights. You can either do this in your home or in a weight training room with the help of a Scott preacher bench. This exercise strengthens the arms and encourages muscle gain and tone. Is is an especially productive exercise and it allows the biceps to be isolated throughout the movement.
- Sit on the machine and press the chest to the cushion.
- Place the elbows at shoulder width in the middle of the cushion.
- With the help of a partner grab hold of the bar with the palm of the hand facing up.
- Keep the back straight.
- Pull the shoulder slightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Bend the elbows and lift the bar towards the body.
Do not tilt the head. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Avoid bending the wrists.