A bodybuilding exercise targets the back, the biceps, and the shoulders. Dumbbells are required for this exercise, but you can easily do it as part of an at home workout, or at a gym. You will strengthen the back of your shoulders, and it will work to square off your shoulders. It is also a great exercise to define the delts in your back.
- Posterior Deltoid
- Biceps Brachii
- Stand up with the torso inclined at a 90 degree angle.
- Place the legs at shoulder width.
- Hold the dumbbells with the thumb pointing in.
- Keep the arm extended vertically and place the weights in front of the knees.
- Avoid arching the back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head aligned with the torso.
- Pull the weights along the sides of the chest.
- Keep the elbows pointing out.
- Keep the body and legs rigid.
Keep the head aligned with the torso. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the wrists straight. Never lock the knees.