The triceps are the focus of this strength building exercise. Although you only need a olympic bar for this exercise, you should still be in a weight training room. Benefits of this exercise are muscle gains in the triceps, as well as fat loss in your arms. You can also ask for help (spot) during the movement.
- Triceps Brachii
- Lay down on a bench.
- Keep the eyes under the bar.
- Lift the knees until the lumbar region is against the bench.
- Grip the bar with the palm of the hand facing up.
- Place the hands a little less than shoulder width.
- With the help of a partner lift the bar from its supports and keep the arms extended.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Bend the forearms while keeping the elbows pointing up.
- Lower the bar over the top of the head.
- Keep the elbows in place.
Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.