The triceps are the focus of this strength building exercise. Although you only need free weights for this exercise, you should still be in a weight training room. Benefits of this exercise are muscle gains in the triceps, as well as fat loss in your arms.
- Triceps Brachii
- Stand with the feet at shoulder width.
- Hold the dumbbells and lift the arms up fully extended.
- Place the weights at shoulder width with the thumbs pointing back.
- Keep the knees slightly bent.
- Pull the shoulders lightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head and back straight.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Bend the forearms while keeping the elbows up.
- Lower the weights behind the shoulders.
- Keep the elbows in place.
Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight. Never lock the knees.