This weight training exercise targets the pecs, deltoids and triceps, at the same time as the abdominals. You will need the equipment that you find in a training room a gym. Make sure to contract the abs thoughout the exercise. This exercise will allow you to gain muscle mass in the pectorals, and is therefore similar to the dumbbell press.
- Pectoralis Major
- Pec. Sternal Portion
- Install the handles on the lowest level of the pulleys.
- Stand in the middle of the pulley system with the torso bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Hold the handles with the palm of the hands facing down.
- Extend the arms with the shoulders aligned with the pulleys.
- Keep the elbows and knees slightly bent.
- Avoid arching the back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Pull the arms forward and cross them in front of the body.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Do not let the hands pass behind the level of the shoulders. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.