- Lay down on a flat bench.
- Lift the knees until the lumbar region is touching the bench.
- Hold the dumbbells against each other with the arms straight and the thumbs pointing back.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lower the weights along the sides of the chest in a semi-circular movement.
- Keep the elbows slightly bent.
- Reverse the movement and push the weights up to return to the starting position.
Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lower the weights further than the natural movement of the exercise. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.