Pecs, delts and triceps are the muscles worked in this bodybuilding exercise that can be done at home or at the gym, with only a bench. An exercise that has similar effects to the bench press, it works by building chest muscle as well as stretching the rib cage.
- Stretch the back across a flat bench.
- Lift the knees until the lumbar region is touching the bench.
- Hold the dumbbells against each other, with the arms straight and the thumbs pointing in.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lower the weights along the sides of the chest in a semi-circular motion.
- Keep the elbows slightly bent.
- Reverse the movement and push the weights up to return to the starting position.
Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lower the weights further than the natural movement of the exercise. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.