This is a muscle building exercise that works your pectoral muscles, as well as your triceps, abdominals and delts. You can do this exercise at home or at a gym because the only equipment you need is a bench. Your pecs will gain muscle mass and you will develop strength proportionally.
- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Place the feet on a flat bench and the hands on the ground Keep the hands at shoulder width with the fingers pointing forward.
- Extend the arms.
- Elevate the body on the toes of the feet while keeping the body straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head aligned with the body.
- Bend the elbows to bring the nose close to the floor.
- Keep the elbows close to the body or pointing out.
Always keep the head aligned with the body. Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Do not let the elbows move behind the shoulders. Never lock the elbows. Use handles if the exercise hurts the wrists.