A bodybuilding exercise that will target the pecs, triceps and the delts. A bench is the only piece of gym equipment that you will need, so you can do it either at home or at a fitness center with the help of a bench press. This is an exercise that will prepare you for the conventional push-up.
- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Place the hands on a bench and keep the feet on the ground.
- Keep the hands at shoulder width with the fingers pointing forward.
- Extend the arms.
- Stretch out the feet to give the body a 90 degree angle between the torso and the arms.
- Stand on the tips of the feet while keeping the body straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head aligned with the body.
- Bend the elbows when the nose approaches the bench.
- Keep the elbows close to the body or pointing out.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Do not let the elbows pass behind the shoulders. Never lock the elbows. Keep the weight on the palms of the hands. Do not do the exercise if it causes pain in the wrists.