- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid Latissimus Dorsi
- Stretch the back over a bench inclined to at least 45 degrees.
- Push with the heels of the feet.
- With the help of a partner, lift the weights with the arms at a vertical position.
- Place the hands with the thumbs pointing in.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lower the weights along the sides of the shoulders.
- Keep the elbows out under the weights.
- Push the weights up to return to the starting position.
Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Do not lower the bar further than the natural movement of the exercise. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.