A bodybuilding exercise that focuses on the pecs, the triceps and the delts. The only equipment you will need is free weights, and you can use a bench either at home or at the gym. Muscle gains and pectoral strength increase are some benefits of this exercise. Using the free weights allows you to better work your stabilizer muscles, compared to the traditional bench press. Remember to make sure you contract your abs throughout the exercise.
- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Stretch the back over a flat bench.
- Lift the knees until the lumbar region is against the bench.
- With the help of a partner lift the weight with the arms at a vertical position.
- Place hands with the thumbs pointing in.
- Avoid bending the writs.
- Lower the weights along the sides of the chest.
- Keep elbows out.
- Push the weights up to return to the starting position.
Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Do not lower the bar further than the natural movement of the exercise. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.