- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid
- Stretch the back over a flat bench.
- Keep eyes under the bar.
- Press with the heels.
- Grip the bar with the palm of the hands facing up.
- Place hands a little closer together than the shoulders.
- With the help of a partner, lift the bar off its supports and keep arms extended.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lower the bar to the lower section of the chest.
- Bring the elbows close to the torso.
- Push the bar up to return to starting position.
Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Do not lower the bar further than the natural movement of the exercise. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists as straight as possible.