- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid Latissimus Dorsi
- Stretch the back over a flat bench.
- Look under the bar.
- Press with the heels.
- Grip the bar with the palm of the hands facing up.
- Place hands a much wider than the shoulders.
- With the help of a partner, lift the bar from its supports and keep arms extended.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lower the bar to the chest.
- Keep the elbows pointing out under the bar.
- Push the bar up to return to starting position.
Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lower further than the natural movement of the exercise. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.