This muscle building exercise works the pectorals, the triceps and the deltoids. You need an Olympic bar for this exercise, and it can be done using a bench or at a fitness center. The exercise can help you gain muscle mass and strength in your pecs. It is a compound exercise that allows for a faster increase in strength. This is often used as a way to test the upper body strength.
- Pectoralis Major
- Triceps Brachii
- Anterior Deltoid Latissimus Dorsi
- Stretch the back over a flat bench.
- Keep eyes under the bar.
- Press with the heels.
- Grip the bar with the palm of the hands facings up.
- Place hands a little wider than the shoulders.
- With the help of a partner, lift the bar from its supports and keep arms extended.
- Avoid bending the wrists.
- Lower the bar to the chest.
- Keep elbows pointing out under the bar.
- Push the bar up to return to starting position.
Never arch the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lower further than the natural movement of the exercise. Never lock the elbows. Keep the wrists straight.